Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Howdy from Cambridgeshire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacko1066

Howdy from Cambridgeshire  Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Cambridgeshire    Howdy from Cambridgeshire  EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018, 18:09

Hi guys,

My names Steve and I live in a small town in Cambridgeshire called March.
Driving trains pays the bills out of Cambridge.
I have 4 daughters and a wonderful wife (that’s right I live with 5 women lol)

I got in to hammocks several years ago, a friend of mine tried to persuade me to try it, but my respeonse was always ‘ swinging between trees was for Tarzan and monkeys lol’
But one night in wales, I tried his DD frontline hammock, and it was AMAZING!!
Been a convert ever since!!
Like most of us it’s been an evolution, started with a DD frontline hammock and under quilt, and a sleeping bag top quilt.
Then progressed into a blackbird double 1.1 and also a uk hammocks winter UQ with goretex outer shell (currently for sale) and also a UK hammocks winter too quilt good for minus 20.
I sold my warbonnet and bought a Dutch hexon 1.0, but being a fat lad I just don’t trust it, still got it though.
My current system is simply light designs trail liar, a hammock gear underquilt and a warbonnet superfly tarp.
I use this most of the time, but if I want light weight I have a warbonnet 3/4 UQ and summer weight top quilt and also a DD super light tarp which is excellent value 3x3 at 500 grams.

Unfortunately I have not been out at all this year due to work, and I’m desperate to get out!! Especially in this nice weather!!
I also enjoy a bit of bushcraft as well as going lightweight and doing some lightweight walking and camping.

Anyway that’s me, hope I haven’t bored you guys too much!!
Hopefully going to make a hammock stand very soon and may start a post as I’m just not sure which one to make!!

Anyway thanks for reading.
All the best
Steve
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Cambridgeshire    Howdy from Cambridgeshire  EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018, 18:52

Hiya Steve,
I had a 1.0oz hammock, mine was HyperD (from RBTR), and I'm 15st. I say 'had'... it ripped and dumped me after about a year! Having said that, I think Hexon is a bit stronger.
I'll stick to 1.6oz/yd now.
Back to top Go down
Jacko1066

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Cambridgeshire    Howdy from Cambridgeshire  EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018, 19:05

Lol!! I have visions of that happening to me too!! Your right I think hexon is a bit stronger because of the grids. Although I’m open to be educated otherwise?? What I do know is that hexon feels lovely against my skin, and also Iv dropped 43lbs since I bought it and sewed the knotty mod on!! So it might be ok!!
Back to top Go down
R.lewis

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Cambridgeshire    Howdy from Cambridgeshire  EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018, 22:38

Cool, me and the missus both have hammockgear underquilts, awesome kit. My hammock is a ukhammocks one but when we got another the missus hated it! She now has the awesome Dutchware Chameleon (I bought it for me, check cow). Check them out, come in loads of fabric weights and is an awesome design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Cambridgeshire    Howdy from Cambridgeshire  Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Cambridgeshire
Page 1 of 1