Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Share | 

HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HantsScooter

PostSubject: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   Thu 28 Jun 2018, 07:26

Hello everyone.

I'm Alan but tend to lurk on various online place covering the outdoor and scooterist forums as HantsScooter. I am based in Gosport in Hampshire and have been hammock camping for a few years.

I started out with an Amazonas Silk Traveller which has now become my allotment lounger. Wanting something better for camping I moved on DD hammocks but I didn't find either of these teribbly comfortable and opted to back the Dutchware Chameleon when it came up on Kickstarter. Tarp wise I am currently using either the DD 3x3 or DD ultralight but I thinking of adding a full winter tarp before the winter.

Living on the south coast with a great selection of beaches but beaches with a lack of suitable trees and prohibitions on camping I have been looking at hammock stands obviously for daytime lounging, honestly. As a scooter rider as my sole motorised transport I needed something readily packable in either the boot or top box and have hence order the Tensa 4, which currently seems to taking a very slow boat from San Francisco, it's actually lurking in UK customs at Coventry at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats

PostSubject: Re: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   Mon 09 Jul 2018, 16:05

Please let us know your impressions of the Tensa stand, when it finally arrives!
+1 on the winter tarp, I'd recommend the WB Superfly, a whole lotta tarp, but not too heavy.
Back to top Go down
HantsScooter

PostSubject: Re: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   Mon 09 Jul 2018, 16:25

I finally managed to wrestle it out of Parceforces hands earlier today. So far I have only had it up in my spare room which doesn't really have the space for properly fettling the hang or taking any pics. None the less it seemed to work reasonably well, although I was getting some contact between my shoulder and one of the poles.

The other good news is that it fits in my Shad 48 topbox which will help with packing the scooter. I may get out to my allotment later to play a bit further with it.

Thanks for the heads up on the superfly it certainly looks an option although I may go the Winter Haven route if I can ever decide which of their option to go for. Thankfully the tarp is a decision for a few months time when I have some more cash.
Back to top Go down
HantsScooter

PostSubject: Re: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   Mon 09 Jul 2018, 18:32

Fettling the hang produced a much more comfortable lay giving me about 3" clearance on the nearest pole. Everything looks good and no sign of any bending in the poles.

Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats

PostSubject: Re: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   Wed 11 Jul 2018, 09:08

Nice.
I keep trying to persuade myself to get some aluminium poles. The steel is HEAVY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire   

Back to top Go down

HantsScooter says hi from, well, Hampshire
Page 1 of 1