A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Share | 

Hi from Cornwall!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will

PostSubject: Hi from Cornwall!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:47

Hi everyone, I live in north Cornwall. Been hammocking for 10 years but got into ultralight a couple years ago. Try to get out a couple times a month sometimes with my 5 year old lad who’s very keen!
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Cornwall!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 13:21

Hi Billiam, I hope I haven't dropped in on you in the past! Until I moved up to North Devon, the section from Welcombe to Delabole was my local surf area (big tiger striped longboard, hard to miss).

Sometime over the summer, I'm planning on a little overnighter, hiking from Bude to Tintagel, hammocking somewhere near Dizzard or Crackington. Perhaps we should meet up?
Back to top Go down
Will

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Cornwall!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 13:55

Haha, haven’t seen you in the waves, I’m near bude so tend to use those or widemouth beaches, only bodyboarding mind.

Yea be great to do a meet, never hiked from bude down, always seem to head up towards Bideford or Dartmoor area. Got some nice small pockets of woodland on the farm too.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Cornwall!   Fri 29 Jun 2018, 17:12

Heh, yeah. We've been doing odd sections as weekenders. Last one was supposed to be from Hartland Point to Bude. But the surf was up, so we ended up getting to Welcombe, setting up hammocks in Marsland valley, grabbing boards and surfing for the evening. The next day, surf won out over hiking, so we hit a quiet surf spot instead. The Welcome to Bude section will haver to wait (personally, I've done many a time).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Cornwall!   

Back to top Go down

Hi from Cornwall!
Page 1 of 1