Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Uploading photos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
edge1255
edge1255

Uploading photos Empty
PostSubject: Uploading photos   Uploading photos EmptyMon 09 Jul 2018, 14:26

Hi Folks, how can I upload a photo from my computer to a topic I'm writing. When I click the upload image icon it brings me to an URL address bar, but the photo is in my document folder under pictures. I fear I'm being a bit thick here, I thought I could select it in the folder and paste it straight onto the topic. Any help would be great!
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

Uploading photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uploading photos   Uploading photos EmptyMon 09 Jul 2018, 15:57

There are two ways to embed pictures into your posts.

Firstly -

• You can insert an image, using this button,
    Uploading photos Screen13
  • This will bring up a dialogue box, like this,
    Uploading photos Screen14
  • Type (or paste) in the URL of an image you have already uploaded to a hosting site (for example Flickr).
    Or you can put the URL of an image you have found elsewhere on the interwebs, without having to save it on your computer first.

Secondly -

• You could choose to host an image, by using this button,
    Uploading photos Screen15
  • This will bring up a dialogue box, like this,
    Uploading photos Screen16
  • There are two ways you can use this, you can either "drag and drop" image files from the folder where they are stored on your computer, or click on the green "Select Files" button.
  • Once the files are selected, click on the blue "Send All" button, to upload them.
  • Once they have uploaded, to insert the image(s) (up to three at a time), click on the grey "Insert All" button.
  • If you want to do more than three images, you will need to clear the dialogue box, by clicking the red "Remove All" button.
  • You can get rid of the dialog box by clicking the "Host An Image" button again.

For more detail amount the Servimg service, look here,
https://help.forumotion.com/t10583-servimg-tutorial
Back to top Go down
edge1255
edge1255

Uploading photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uploading photos   Uploading photos EmptyMon 09 Jul 2018, 16:41

Brilliant stuff, Gadget! I'll have a go at it later this evening!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uploading photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uploading photos   Uploading photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Uploading photos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: NOTICE BOARD :: Forum Feedback, Ideas and Questions-
Jump to: