Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Hello from central London!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie2483

Hello from central London! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018, 15:37

Hey there!

Relatively new to the Hammocking scene but have made my own simple setup using some hemmed ripstop nylon, dyneema whoopies, soft shackles (Thanks @Tacblades for the instructional videos!) and some cannablised surfboard roofstraps. Have yet to camp in it as I keep thinking I need to have a tarp and underquilt but they're pretty rubbish excuses with this current run of weather. Over the past 6 months or so I've found hammocking and bike touring to be a match made in heaven. It's absolutely perfect for relaxing and reading in after a long days cycling, as well as being a great ad-hoc seat for lunch.

The liberation that comes with being able to carry something so small and lightweight around with you that can provide 100% comfort has been revelatory for me and I have forums such as this one, the previous UK forum and the hammocking subreddit to thank for it. Am looking forward to the next 'stage' of hammocking which will hopefully see me acquiring and getting to know how to effectively use a tarp and spending some nights out under it.

Being in London makes it a bit hard to find places close to home or 'serene'. This said, I've found some nice spots in Hampstead Heath, Regents Park and Hyde Park. Let me know if you want some exact locations. Equally, if anyone on here knows any good spots in London parks I'm all ears.

Happy hanging!

Jamie

1. River Dart, Dartmoor
2. Somewhere outside Talybont-on-usk, Brecon Beacons
3. Los Canos de Meca Campsite in Spain, halfway through a bike tour earlier in the year

Hello from central London! Dsc03110
Hello from central London! Dsc02810
Hello from central London! Dsc02410
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018, 16:41

Have you tried up on Hampstead heath?
Back to top Go down
Jamie2483

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018, 16:58

I have! Definitely feels as close as you can get to the wild within the confines of the city.
Back to top Go down
jay
jay

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018, 17:10

Hello and welcome to the forum, great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
edge1255
edge1255

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018, 22:30

Hello and welcome from sunny Scotland! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from central London!   Hello from central London! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from central London!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HANGING OUT :: Intros and Welcomes-
Jump to: