Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

UQ Hennessy classic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nobby

UQ Hennessy classic Empty
PostSubject: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptySun 22 Jul 2018, 09:31

Morning men, I'm going to knock up a UQ for my Hennessy bottom entry hammock and just wanted some feedback/advice. My plan is to angle a down throw at the same angle as the asym lay and stitch extra hammock material at the ends to square off (much like the wookie)/ I'll add clips and shockcord inline with the tie outs on the hammock to prevent slipping. The thinking is that I should be able to push aside to enter the hammock and the shockcord will bring back in place.

Thoughts appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptySun 22 Jul 2018, 14:13

Not familiar with a Hennessy, but it sounds reasonable.
Is it one of the Costco throws?
Back to top Go down
nobby

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 15:14

Was thinking of doubling up a costco throw. only trouble is the are hard to get hold of for a bargain price and I only have the one.
Back to top Go down
MrGoose

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptyWed 08 Aug 2018, 18:06

I've just sewn a "PLUQ" , Derick at the ultimate hang has a good article on it.
Worked well on my hennesy.
The problem you will have is moving the underquilts back under you and adjusting it from inside. You could sew two small zips, one on each side of the hammock where the bug-net meets the hammock body. That way you could reach out and adjust it.
Back to top Go down
Bopdude

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptyThu 09 Aug 2018, 14:08

nobby wrote:
Was thinking of doubling up a costco throw. only trouble is the are hard to get hold of for a bargain price and I only have the one.

Apparently the throws are back in stock at Costco
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic EmptyThu 09 Aug 2018, 18:13

Cool! (in this country?)
It's been a couple of years since Craige did his epic group buy.
They didn't have any last winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UQ Hennessy classic   UQ Hennessy classic Empty

Back to top Go down

UQ Hennessy classic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HAMMOCK CAMPING :: DIY & MYOG-
Jump to: