Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Bore Da from Cardiff!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GromWeasley

Bore Da from Cardiff! Empty
PostSubject: Bore Da from Cardiff!   Bore Da from Cardiff! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 12:46

Hey all,

I've only recently started looking into hammock camping. Or I should say I fell down the rabbit hole with no hope of leaving.

I grew up camping in tents with my family a few times a year but I've never tried hammock camping. I decided on it because I would like to use my motorbike to travel to sites and obviously whatever I take, goes on my back.

Its only a 125cc bike (But great fun to wheelie!) so not a lot of space on the back! Honda Grom for those wondering.

If someone can point me in the direction of some sort of starter kit or guide I would really appreciate it to help get me going as its been a long time!

Anyone have any recommendations for sites? I'm about an hours ride from the Brecon Dark Sky reserve so was hoping to try there but most sites are closing at the end of September for Winter!

Thanks all, Have a great week
GromWeasley / Josh
Back to top Go down
Bopdude

PostSubject: Re: Bore Da from Cardiff!   Bore Da from Cardiff! EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018, 15:43

Hi and welcome to the forum, getting towards the start of the cooler months now so it isn't just a case of jumping into a hammock, for a decent warm nights sleep you will need either an insulated inflatable mat or an underquilt as protection from the cold underside, plenty to choose from and depending on how hot or not you sleep the cost can vary a lot, for entry level a DD Hammocks ( or similar ) hammock and underquilt and they also do a Jura sleeping bag, I can't comment on the underquilt and bag but I have had a few of their hammocks and never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Bore Da from Cardiff!   Bore Da from Cardiff! EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018, 07:51

If you don't want to stealth camp (which is what I do generally), then south wales has a few hammock friendly campsites, have a look on my campsite map,
https://hammock-uk.forumotion.com/t43-hammock-friendly-campsites
Back to top Go down
Meadows

PostSubject: Re: Bore Da from Cardiff!   Bore Da from Cardiff! EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018, 17:14

Hi Josh, welcome to the group.
Just seen this thermarest hammock setup on eBay. All you'd need is a top quilt or sleeping bag and something to go underneath ccf mat or underquilt.
Item number 202415956383
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bore Da from Cardiff!   Bore Da from Cardiff! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bore Da from Cardiff!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HANGING OUT :: Intros and Welcomes-
Jump to: