Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

How Many Hammocks?

Go down 
+5
Mittagsfrost
SteveB6
Diamond Dave
pauljm116
markinsol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
markinsol

How Many Hammocks?  Empty
PostSubject: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 08:42

I was just wondering how many Hammocks you guys own?

I have 3 and have ordered my 4th. My wife thinks I am addicted
Back to top Go down
pauljm116

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 11:21

I've got 8 - just added them all up in my head and am a bit shocked and think I may have a problem. I am thinking of getting a Dutchware Chameleon now that Henge Hammocks is selling them and waiting for Amazon to get some different colours of the Lixada hammocks (great hammock at a great price, rubbish suspension that went straight in the bin) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixada-Camping-Hammock-Portable-Durable/dp/B0749LHK7C/ref=sr_1_1?s=camping-hiking&ie=UTF8&qid=1536580083&sr=8-1&keywords=lixada%2Bhammock&th=1
Back to top Go down
markinsol

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 13:54

Thanks Paul I'll have a look at the website. By the way there is a Warbonnett Hammock on ebay at the moment..
Its not mine but thought others might be interested
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Diamond Dave

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 15:16

I've got 5 and thinking of adding to my collection, also my wife thinks I'm nuts but I keep telling her that Hammocking is like gardening as it keeps evolving each year.....
Back to top Go down
markinsol

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 17:56

Current garden set up is DD Frontline XL for sleeping
Kammok Roo Double for lounging. I just need a indoor set up and my life is complete! How Many Hammocks?  20180914
Back to top Go down
SteveB6
SteveB6

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 18:15

I have 4, of which I only use 2 regularly.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 18:47

A year ago I counted eleven. Now I don't know exactly. But not less. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
markinsol

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018, 19:02

" Houston I think we have a problem"
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018, 00:11

Y'know, I'm not sure.
I think I have a couple loaned out, just can't remember who to!
And I haven't seen my DD underblanket in a while neither.
Back to top Go down
Meadows

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyFri 28 Sep 2018, 13:46

Ive got 7 with 5 diy. Ranging from 8.5 - 12.5 ft. I don't think that's a problem as they are all different, but my OH might disagree. Luckily her favourite is my oldest one that I don't really use any more.
Back to top Go down
jay
jay

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyMon 01 Oct 2018, 18:53

I have three (at the mo) 1 x TW XXL, 1 x TW Bivi Hammock and a OneTigris bugnet hammock. The TW XXL is my go to hammock. Seems that TW Hammocks are not selling hammocks anymore apart from their Tarp/poncho hammock they have had none listed for ages on their website.
Back to top Go down
pauljm116

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019, 15:33

I sold 3 hammocks (and loads of other camping kit) before Christmas as they weren't getting used and have used the funds (plus birthday money)to buy a Dutchware Chameleon wide, Warbonnet Traveller, a Dutchware Netless wide hammock and Hammock Gear under & top quilts and hammock. I've just had a count up and I've got 11 hammocks now.

I think I may need help......
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019, 16:35

Good invested money!
Back to top Go down
markinsol

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019, 16:32

I had an email from AMOK yesterday, my AMOK Draumr XL is on schedule for April 1st, I can't wait
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019, 17:14

April 1th? I hope, it's not April fools and you really get the hammock. Wink
Back to top Go down
Iron Fist
Iron Fist

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019, 10:29

I have 5-

Dutchware Chameleon
Warbonnet Blackbird XL
Hammock Gear Zippered Bugnet
Dream Hammock Raven &
Amok Draumr

I only got the hammock gear one last week and have used it 3 times. My dream hammock turned up monday this week so just itching to get out this friday night and try it.
The Amok I have had since christmas but have only used it a handleful of times.
The Chameleon and BBXL get the most use so far.

I originally bought a snugpak bugnetted hammock, well made but a bit small so I got rid of that and upgraded.

I would really like to try and make my own stuff one day soon.
Back to top Go down
pauljm116

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019, 12:07

I really have got a hammock problem and I can't seem to find a cure! My current collection contains:

Dutchware Chameleon wide
Dutchware 11ft netless wide x 4 (great hammocks, had to get different colours!)
Dutchware 11ft netless double layer standard width
Dream Hammocks Sparrow
Warbonnet Traveller
Hammock Gear netless
3 x other hand made hammocks (can't remember the makers)
Lixada parachute hammock
DD Camping hammock - my first hammock which has been retired now but has sentimental value.

I've got another Dutchware 11ft netless wide (another colour)and a Hammock Gear netted on their way to me now. I'm also very excited about my Dream Hammock Freebird in 1.0 Monolite (a very interesting fabric) which should be being built soon.

I do use a hammock daily in my garden for an hours relaxing after work every day, usually a Dutchware netless wide.

I've also got a bit of a minor tarp problem but I won't go into that now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hammocks?    How Many Hammocks?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How Many Hammocks?
Page 1 of 1