Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

sleeping bag or top quilts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
caspian40

sleeping  bag or  top quilts Empty
PostSubject: sleeping bag or top quilts   sleeping  bag or  top quilts EmptyFri 11 Jan 2019, 20:40

Ok guy's went for a little drive down to Enfield today to look at sleeping bags i cant do the mummy bags they are just too restrictive  i feel claustrophobic in them and too bulky  in the compression sack  for a synthetic bag what are my options who makes a good non restrictive bag or top quilts i thought about getting  two top quilts joined together any suggestions?   I have the wookie under quilt  thats down to -6
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: sleeping bag or top quilts   sleeping  bag or  top quilts EmptyFri 11 Jan 2019, 22:02

You can use a mummy bag as a top quilt,

skip forward to 08:21
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: sleeping bag or top quilts   sleeping  bag or  top quilts EmptyFri 11 Jan 2019, 22:15

Down bags will compress significantly more than synthetic bags of the same rating. Important if you are tight on space in your backpack.
I don't rate compression sacks, they just make for a hard lumpy ball that packs inefficiently. All my quilts and hammock go loose in the bottom of my waterproof pack liner. The secret is packing the stuff in the right order - in the reverse order you will set them up. So I put my topquilt and pillow in first, then my underquilt, then the hammock, then my stuffsack of spare clothes and other stuff go on top.

Guess what? Shug has a video for that too!
https://youtu.be/_szK47Lwu3g
Back to top Go down
caspian40

PostSubject: Re: sleeping bag or top quilts   sleeping  bag or  top quilts EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019, 11:16

Thank you for the info will get all my gear sorted then have a few packing sessions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeping bag or top quilts   sleeping  bag or  top quilts Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeping bag or top quilts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HAMMOCK CAMPING :: Insulation-
Jump to: