Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!

Go down 
+2
jetblackstar
paulcolleen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
paulcolleen

UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! Empty
PostSubject: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 11:17

Hi,
I have a top quilt on order with this company that should have been delivered by last week. I tried to contact them via email today but the email was rejected. I then tried to call the 0800 number on their website but that is no longer in service.
Alarm bells are ringing so I have raised a dispute with my credit card company.

I would advise anyone to make sure they can contact the company before placing any online orders.

I will update this post as and when I hear anything from either the company or my bank.

If anyone can shed any light on this please let me know. Thanks.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
jetblackstar

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 15:43

Hi,
First off there still in full operation. They have a big backlog.

I occasionally help Matt (The owner) out with Tech issues.
I know they had an email hacking incident last week with sales@ukhammocks.co.uk. They'd been flooded with emails and were struggling to see the legit ones.
It should be resolved, however I will check in and see if there doing ok.

Try emailing workshop@ukhammocks.co.uk its an alternative mailbox that should be working.

If you want me to I can get in touch with Matt directly for you. PM me if you want me to drop me details.

There brilliant hammocks and quilts and there just a bit snowed under because of their own success (believe there was a sale) and some tech issues.
Back to top Go down
jetblackstar

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 16:43

Can confirm, the email address sales@ukhammocks.co.uk wont be used any more. You should get an auto response now asking you to email workshop@ukhammocks.co.uk.
They we're indeed struggling to wade through spam. The email hack was the last straw. So they set up a new address. Its all updated on the website now too.

I would personally say stick with it. I'm sure it isn't far off being finished. Its one of the most snuggly, compact and versatile quilts I have. I own two. They are all hand made in the UK and done to a high standard. I even use it when staying at friends houses as it warmer and comfier than most duvets Smile

Back to top Go down
Meadows

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 18:29

Ive ordered stuff in the past. Expect long delays and no comms.
Its a shame they cant be better as products ok.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 20:18

I concur. Good kit, but customer service is not their strong point.
If you don't want to wait forever, don't order custom work. Go with their standard offerings and things will go smoother.
Back to top Go down
paulcolleen

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019, 08:17

Hi guys, thanks for the assistance. I have now sent an email to the new email address. I see the old address has been removed from the website as has the disconnected 0800 telephone number. There is now no telephone number shown which means contact is via email only.

We'll see if I get a response to my latest email.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
paulcolleen

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyMon 06 May 2019, 09:54

Well, it's been over a week now since I sent the email to the newly provided address. No response. Draw your own conclusions!

I guess I'll just have to wait for my credit card company to get the money back and then I'll find a new supplier.

As I said initially, I would strongly suggest you make sure you can contact this company directly before ordering anything via their website. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
snudekat

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyFri 02 Aug 2019, 14:31

I made an order on May 15th 2019, not reading this early enough. Already paid by credit card. I received an automated order confirmation and nothing else. I'm still waiting for a response by email. Mat Howes is not available at Skype. Does anyone know, is the woorkshop really closed?
Back to top Go down
Iron Fist
Iron Fist

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptyFri 02 Aug 2019, 15:25

Sorry to hear that buddy, I don't really know but you would think that if the place wasn't operating anymore they would take the site down or put up a closing down message and defo stop orders being placed otherwise that is fraud isn't it?

fingers crossed it's just poor communication but you need true confirmation.
Does the phone number work?
Back to top Go down
snudekat

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! EmptySun 29 Sep 2019, 21:12

I decided to post a reply as I see the website is still up and running. The phone doesn't work and there is no response.
I have to claim my credit card to return the money, fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!   UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything! Empty

Back to top Go down

UKHammocks - Read This Before Ordering Anything!
Page 1 of 1