Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Hello from North Norfolk

Go down 
+2
Iron Fist
LoneQuance
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LoneQuance
LoneQuance

Hello from North Norfolk Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptySun 05 Jan 2020, 17:41

Hello everyone,

Nice to be here. I've been hammocking for a few years now and thought it was time to get a little bit more social. I mostly walk and camp and since finding hammocks I've never looked back to sleeping on the cold floor again!

I work on a campsite and have recently talked/bribed my glorious leaders into considering a dedicated hammock hanging area. I've had to do most of the work but its up and running, should be in full swing by the spring! I really want to see this camping option grow and would love to organise a regular UK hang. Just a time to meet like minded folks, discuss rigs and have a good time!

If I'm in the wrong place for this please let me know. If I'm right on the money lets talk, get organised and help each other take hammock camping even further! Please message me if you would like to know more and get involved!

Peace and good sleep to you all!

Back to top Go down
Iron Fist
Iron Fist

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 11:21

Greetings Lone Q,

Nice to have another member on here.
Strangely enough one of my last posts was calling for someone to arrange a UK Group Hang, it would be awesome and I for one would definately come. It would be nice to put some faces to names, meet up with like minded people and chat about places and ideas and obviously check out other people's gear. It is hard living in Britain to test a lot of hammock and camping products out as they come from the USA. No try before you buy.

One day hammocks will rule the world and it will be the tent users begging for a little piece of turf!
Back to top Go down
LoneQuance
LoneQuance

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 13:03

Thanks for the welcome Iron Fist,

Its seems I came along at the right time then!

We have the opportunity here to arrange a UK hang. I see a lot of people interested in sharing their knowledge and time on here so its time to rally the masses.

Someone has to do it eventually and it may as well be us! If not, who?
Back to top Go down
Iron Fist
Iron Fist

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 06 Jan 2020, 16:23

Indeed. I think it would be a great experience.
Back to top Go down
SteveB6
SteveB6

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyTue 07 Apr 2020, 17:06

Welcome LoneQuance,

A UK meet soumds great, how many suitable 'pitches' do you have on-site? (i.e. Pais of trees/ posts etc.)

Cheers
Back to top Go down
LoneQuance
LoneQuance

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020, 14:37

Hello SteveB6,

On the campsite there are 7 posts to hang from. Arranged in a grid about 15ft apart. Imagine a grid of 3x3 but with two opposite corners knocked off.

We'he had to postpone everything on the campsite for the time being and that is heart breaking in this beautiful weather. The grass is loving the chance to grow!

There will be a hang here as soon as is safe. Mark my words!

Back to top Go down
SteveB6
SteveB6

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020, 07:38

Excellent, can't wait.

I was only asking as there are about 8 of us in our regular hanging group, though on average we get between 3 and 5 of us out at any one time, so I was just thinking of possible numbers.

I shall look forward to it.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
caspian40

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyFri 01 May 2020, 20:42

Welcome Lone Q not been on here in quite a while so checking newish posts
Back to top Go down
LoneQuance
LoneQuance

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 18 May 2020, 19:13

Hello Caspian, welcome back.

I hope everyone is hanging well and responsibly. I'm seeing lots of garden hangs popping up either hanging off fence posts or trees. Wish I had a garden!

SteveB6, I should think there will be enough room for way more than 8. Well, maybe less with social distancing!
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 25 May 2020, 19:58

Well volunteered LQ... keep us posted! lol
Back to top Go down
Suffolkhanger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk EmptyMon 03 Aug 2020, 11:58

I'm following with interest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Norfolk   Hello from North Norfolk Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Norfolk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HANGING OUT :: Intros and Welcomes-
Jump to: