Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Hi from Cambridge!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Survival_Steve

Hi from Cambridge! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Cambridge!   Hi from Cambridge! EmptyTue 08 Sep 2020, 17:43

Hi all,

I'm Steve and I'm from Cambridge, currently living in a town called Longstanton.

I'm a complete n00b to hammocking and have just bought my first proper setup (an 11' chameleon & xenon hex tarp from dutchware gear) and I'm eagerly awaiting it's delivery this Friday! bom
I used to have one of those tent/hammock hybrids previously but I only ever used it as a hammock once...it was a spreader-bar type and was just awful, so that mainly got used as a bivy tent.

I love the outdoors and camping, I've just always struggled to get a good night's sleep on the ground, and I hear hammocks are the answer to that!

Going to be learning in the back garden, but have wanted to get into wild camping for years. To be honest, I've either been too scared to do it alone (none of my mates are interested!) or...actually, my only real excuse is being a wuss!  Rolling Eyes
Hoping to change that, and maybe meet some like-minded people on here. I'm only 31 so it'd be cool to meet some younger dudes (or dudettes) who are into hammocking too! (no offense to all you decrepit old geezers)  ROFL
Back to top Go down

Hi from Cambridge!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hammock UK :: HANGING OUT :: Intros and Welcomes-
Jump to: