Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Wool Blanket - Simple Mod

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jay
jay

Wool Blanket - Simple Mod Empty
PostSubject: Wool Blanket - Simple Mod   Wool Blanket - Simple Mod EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018, 17:16

So during the spring, summer & autumn I like a wool blanket/down throw in the hammock for ease of entry and exit (I use a Carinthia defense 4 when its biting cold). However I have been getting a bit bored of waking up with my blanket on the ground.

So I thought of a simple quick fix of just running the foot end and halfway up the blanket through a sewing machine as a solution. I could put a trapezoid foot section in but I like simples & laziness.

Will let you know if it works.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Last edited by jay on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 22:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: Wool Blanket - Simple Mod   Wool Blanket - Simple Mod EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018, 18:05

A rubber band attached to the foot end of the hammock and the corner of the blanket should prevent this part of the blanket from going overboard. The opposite corner of the blanket may be connected to the ridgeline with another piece of rubber band.
Back to top Go down
jay
jay

PostSubject: Re: Wool Blanket - Simple Mod   Wool Blanket - Simple Mod EmptyTue 28 Aug 2018, 22:43

Thanks Mittagsfrost I shall try that method too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wool Blanket - Simple Mod   Wool Blanket - Simple Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Wool Blanket - Simple Mod
Page 1 of 1