Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Hammock Maintenance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diamond Dave
Diamond Dave

Hammock Maintenance Empty
PostSubject: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018, 20:31

After I've been out in my hammock when I get home I turn it inside out wipe off any mud or debris and leave it on the washing line for a couple of hours(weather permitting)

What do other people do to maintain their hammock, confirmation of my system would be good so would any other things I could do.....

Many thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018, 21:38

Sometimes I remove resin from the tree straps (soak it in vegetable oil or butter and then wash it with washing powder) or wipe birds poo from the tarp with a wet cloth, but I never washed my hammock. Why? It is hanging in the air, never touching the ground.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Diamond Dave

PostSubject: Re: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018, 21:46

Mittagsfrost wrote:
Sometimes I remove resin from the tree straps (soak it in vegetable oil or butter and then wash it with washing powder) or wipe birds poo from the tarp with a wet cloth, but I never washed my hammock. Why? It is hanging in the air, never touching the ground.

The reason for hanging it out is just to remove any nasty smells my body has left in the hammock...
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018, 21:55

I chuck mine in the washing machine on a 30°C wash every few trips. But then I'm a stinky old hiker!
It's only nylon after all. Mine are basic 11' gathered end jobs, so no zips or hard bits.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Diamond Dave

PostSubject: Re: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018, 22:03

Gadget wrote:
I chuck mine in the washing machine on a 30°C wash every few trips. But then I'm a stinky old hiker!
It's only nylon after all. Mine are basic 11' gathered end jobs, so no zips or hard bits.

Stinky Old Hiker, now there's a phrase I like..... double thumb up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammock Maintenance   Hammock Maintenance Empty

Back to top Go down

Hammock Maintenance
Page 1 of 1