Hammock UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hammock UK

A forum to discuss all aspects of hammocks and hammock camping in the UK

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Recent Posts  

Hello from the hills of Wales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Fist
Iron Fist

Hello from the hills of Wales Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018, 16:24

Hello everybody,

I have always been a camper, tents or sleeping rough but I was recently enlightened to the way of the hammock and all its great benefits.
I was tired of being enclosed so I decided I would buy a bivvy and a tarp, meanwhile two of my friends that also enjoy the outdoors were struggling with bad backs.
One day I saw this older camper's Youtube video where he went on about no longer being able to ground camp becuase of his back knees etc. I soon learnt that far from lying like a banana and causing a bad back, a hammock can give you the most comfortable, restful and lovely sleep ever.
I bought a snugpak just to try it out and first night out even without an underquilt or mat in it and waking up cold, I was sold and to be fair I have spent plenty of cash but haven't looked back. Worth every penny.
I have been rocking a Chameleon with a Enlightened Equipment underquilt this Summer but I am hooked, I can't stop buying now. I've recently ordered myself an Amok to try this weekend(intend to camp every weekend I can this Winter) and I have a tensa4 hammock stand on the way too so I can hammock anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Bopdude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales EmptySat 22 Dec 2018, 15:33

Hi and welcome, hammock is definitely superior if you do it right, sounds like you're doing just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
desert

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales EmptyTue 01 Jan 2019, 22:26

Hello from Germany,
the idea to buy a Tensa is surely good, because in the Brecon Beacons there are often no trees (in the beautiful places). My girlfriend lives in Herefordshire and I've been visiting her every summer for the last 3 years and from there we've travelled a lot in Wales.
I also have a tensa4 and like it very much. It is not so light that you could hike with it, but it is very suitable for car transport.

Back to top Go down
Gadget
Herder of Cats
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 00:44

Aha, hello again!
Back to top Go down
Mittagsfrost

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales EmptyWed 02 Jan 2019, 05:56

Another hello from Germany! Smile
Can't wait to see your pictures of your new equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the hills of Wales   Hello from the hills of Wales Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the hills of Wales
Page 1 of 1